Using the Library
With a Stockton San Joaquin County Public Library card you can:
- Check out books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, books on CD, Playaways, downloadable E-Books, Nooks and more
- Place holds and access your account online
- Access Library databases and reference material
- Use the Library's computers and printers
- Discover & Go to cultural venues free of charge or at a discounted rate
Note: You do not need a Library card to access the wireless Internet
Your first Library card is free of charge. You do not need to live in the area to get a card. Your card is good at any of the branches in our system including the Bookmobile.
Expired cards are not necessarily invalid. See Expired Cards.
More information about Library Cards.
Fees & Fines
Accounts with items returned late or renewed late accrue overdue fines.
A message via telephone or email will try to notify you of overdue material. Failure of notification does not excuse fines.
Fine limits are $10.00 fines/fees or 30 day old balance.
Lost or damaged material will be charged at full cost plus $10.00 processing fee.
Most of the Library branches have meeting rooms available for public use. More information on Meeting Rooms.
Public Internet computers and printers are available for use. Software programs include MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Publisher and Access.
More information on Library Computers.
All SSJCPL Librarys are wireless. Any Wi-Fi enabled laptop, PDA, or Wi-Fi-ready gaming device may be used free of charge. No library account is needed to access Wi-Fi.