Visit any Library location to fill out the registration form on a catalog computer. Provide a valid photo ID with proof of current address. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with valid photo ID/proof of address.
About Your Library Card Account
User ID and PIN
Your User ID and PIN number are used to access your account, request material, download digital media, use Library computers, access the Library's online resources and more. For more information about your User ID and PIN see
Things You can Do in My Account
- Change your address
- Change your PIN (Login at upper right, then click on My Account in blue navigation bar)
- Review your checkouts and their due date
- Renew your checkouts
- Review and maintain your holds list
- Change pickup location of holds
- "Suspend" your holds if you are going on vacation
- Cancel Holds
Finding and Borrowing Materials
Use our catalog to locate your materials. To use the catalog most effectively, you should login using your card number and PIN before you search.
If the item is not available, you can reserve it to be held for you when it is returned, or have it sent from another branch for pickup. We send a courtesy notice by telephone or email when the material is ready for you. You can also check My Account to see if an item is ready for pickup and update your notification information.
Holds can only be checked out on the card that was used to request the Hold.
More hints about searching in Catalog Assistance.
More help on requesting material in Help With Placing A Hold.
- Please have your card available when checking out.
- Your account must be in good standing: Less than $10 balance and no fines or fees more than 30 days old.
- Checkout limit = 25 items
- Checkout period = 3 weeks
- Receipts listing due dates are printed upon checkout
- Fees and Fines Schedule
Items with no Holds may be renewed up to 4 times.
Account must be in good standing.
Renew online at www.ssjcpl.org, by telephone (209-937-8221) or (1-866-805-7323), or in person.
Each Library location has a bookdrop located inside, as well as one located outside, accessible mostly during closed hours. SSJCPL material may be returned to any of our locations, regardless of checkout library.
Expired Card/ Renew Privilege
Library cards expire every two years. You may renew your card by calling Customer Service and Accounts (209-937-8416) or by visiting the Customer Service desk at your nearest library.
Lost or Stolen Card
It is important to report your lost or stolen library card promptly. You are financially responsible for all items on your card.
We can issue you a replacement so that others cannot use your old card.
Replacement cards are: $1.00 for children and teens
$2.00 for adults
Report lost or stolen cards to Customer Service and Accounts (209-937-8416) or (1-866-805-7323), or in person at any Library location.
Please notify the library promptly if you have moved. Your telephone number or email address must be current in order to receive notices about material you have requested and overdue items.
You can save a list of what you have checked out in the past in Favorites:
- Log on to our website at http://www.ssjcpl.org or use customer login.
- Click on "My Account" in the left side bar.
- On the next page, log in to your account at the upper right-hand corner, using your User ID and PIN.
- Click on the green "Customer Login".
- Upon logging in, you can view "My Favorite Authors" and My Favorite Subjects" in the section halfway down the page.
Preferences can be changed by clicking on "My Profile" in the green bar.
Lists are held in database for approximately 6 months.
Your card is for your use only.
Parents or guardians are responsible for all fees on minor children's cards.
Parents have the responsibility to guide their children in the use of library materials. The Library allows everyone, regardless of age, to use its materials. Library staff can help you choose age appropriate material when desired.
California law states that library borrower records are private. Staff may not tell anybody what is checked out without the card owner's permission.