Obituaries from the Stockton area
Copies of obituaries from Stockton area newspapers and vital records from the Stockton-San Joaquin County area are provided by volunteer researchers for a small fee.
Vital Records Sources
- Where to Write for Vital Records
- From "States & Territories" click on a state and scroll down to its records description. Below the state details, find a list of counties and their vital records office information. Also found at the county-level are links to local USGenWeb Projects and other local, Internet-based information for genealogists. Ignore all the ads!.
- Death Indexes and Records Online
- Links to online death indexes are arranged by state and county. Included are death indexes, obituaries, probate indexes and cemetery & burial indexes. Both fee and free sites are included..
- Ancestry Library Edition **
- ** available only if you are in the library
- Click on the SEARCH tab (or choose Search All Records in its drop-down menu). Then choose a state or world region and then country. You will see the list of Birth, Marriage & Death records available for that location.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995
- California Marriage Index, 1960-1985
- California Death Index 1940-1997
- Social Security Death Index approx 1960 to present.
- FamilySearch.org has a huge collection of vital records for the United States and many countries of the world. It has both civil records and church registries.
Scroll down the opening page and choose a country or region of the world. Then browse the location that interests you. Some databases have name indexes; others must be browsed image-by-image like microfilm. More records are being added every month. Check back often.
- Early California Population Project: Vital Records from the California Missions, 1769-1850
- Search baptism, marriage and burial records for each California mission. Records include Indians, soldiers, and settlers of Alta California from 1769 to 1850..
- Western States Historical Marriage Records Index
- This extraction program includes pre-1900 marriages for Arizona, Idaho, and Nevada. Many Idaho, Nevada and Utah counties have been extracted into the 1930s or later. There are also a small number of records for Wyoming, eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, western Colorado and some California counties. Eighteenth century New Mexico marriages are being added now.